7 Eco-Friendly Business Tips
Want to listen instead? Click here
Behind the scenes at MOMENTUM, we have been researching ways that we can become more environmentally responsible as a business. As virtual assistants, a lot of what we already do is friendly to our eco system – however, there are many more small steps that we can take to create a positive impact on our environment! In this blog we thought we would share 7 eco-friendly swaps that we have come across, that you might like to try in your business…
- Use Ecosia – Ecosia is an incredible search engine that uses the profit that they make from your web searches to plant trees where they are needed most around the world. Why not get the free browser extension and try it out? https://www.ecosia.org/?c=en.
- Change To Energy Efficient Providers – How eco-friendly is your current energy provider? Do some research and find accredited renewable energy installers using the Microgeneration Certificate Scheme (MCS) https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/key-term-explained/microgeneration-certification-scheme-mcs.
- Send Less Emails – A research study commissioned by energy company OVO revealed that we send more than 64m unnecessary emails every day, and that if every adult in the UK sent one less “thank you” email a day, we would save more than 16,433 tonnes of carbon a year – equivalent to 81,152 flights to Madrid or taking 3,334 diesel cars off the road!
- Use Less Paper – Paper is a common waste product in most businesses, there are many actions you can take to start cutting down on how much you use, from using double-sided printing, repurposing used paper into notepads or even using a virtual assistant!
- Send Tree Bombs – Need to send a gift? How about something alternative to the regular box of chocolates or flowers – introducing Tree Bombs! Treebombs are handmade seedballs, containing native UK Alder Tree seeds which create a biodiverse habitat and grow quickly into strong carbon capturing trees. Treebomb gift packs make the most wonderful gesture. Find out more here: https://www.treebombs.co.uk.
- Office Supplies – Be mindful when you purchase office supplies, is there an alternative to the plastic items that you regularly buy – and is it really needed?
- Disposal – Look at how you currently dispose of your office items, such as ink cartridges, batteries and even stationary – all of these can actually be recycled. Shredded paper may not be recyclable, but it can be composted!
If you’d like to find out more about our services or talk to us about sustainability, then please get in touch. E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01903 688789.